2 cups - Rice (Basmati Preferrable)
1 cup - Boiled rice
150 ml - Coconut Milk
1/4 tsp - Baking Soda or Yeast (if fermenting overnight)
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Soak rice for 4-6 hours, dissolve the yeast in some warm water
- Grind the rice along with the coconut milk and cooked rice to a smooth batter, add the dissolved yeast and salt
- Keep the batter to ferment overnight.
- To prepare the appam immediately(not advised) add baking soda instead of yeast after grinding
- Pour batter into the appa chatti(the pan) and rotate the pan to get a thin layer of batter on the sides, with more batter in the middle
- Keep it covered and cook in medium flame for about a minute
- When cooked take the appam out with a spatula and it is ready to serve
- Serve with veg stew or beef stew.