1/2 Cup - Toor dal
1 tsp - Urad dal
Vegetables of choice (drumsticks, yam, snake gourd, pumpkin, ash gourd)
2 tbsp - Sambar Powder
1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
1 cup- Coconut grated for seasoning
1 tsp - Mustard seeds
4 Nos - Dry chillies
5 tbsp - Coconut oil
6 Nos - Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Water as required
Cooking Instructions :
- Boil toor dal with turmeric powder, keep aside.
- Take a vessel, put cut vegetables and add salt to taste.
- Now add sufficient of water for the vegetables to cook with sambar powder.
- Cook the vegetables when done, set aside.
- Grind the cooked Dal with half of the Coconut scrapings, Keep aside.
- Now take a vessel and heat coconut oil.
- Add urud dhal, dry chillies, when the dal is light brown add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds crackle add the cooked vegetable mixture, dal and coconut mixture, mix well.
- Add water if the mixture is very thick, remove it from the fire when done.
- Take another 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a kadai.
- Fry the remaining of the coconut scraping until golden brown.
- Pour it over the Erasari.
- Serve with rice or appam.